2017 North Carolina Land Trust Assembly at Hendersonville’s Kanuga Conference Center!
Tuesday, May 23 – Thursday, May 25
Registration Information & Assembly Fees
Full Assembly: 5/23-5/25
- SINGLE rate – $350. Includes Tues and Weds overnights + 6 meals: Tues supper, Weds all, Thurs breakfast and lunch
- DOUBLE rate (shared room) – $300. Includes Tues and Weds overnights + 6 meals: Tues supper, Weds all, Thurs breakfast and lunch.
Half Assembly: 5/24-5/25
- SINGLE rate $225. Includes Weds overnight + 4 meals: Weds lunch and supper, Thurs breakfast and lunch.
- DOUBLE rate (shared room) $175. Includes Weds overnight + 4 meals: Weds lunch and supper, Thurs breakfast and lunch
Wednesday Commuter – $100. No overnight accommodations and includes breakfast, lunch, supper.
Thursday Commuter – $50. No overnight accommodations and includes breakfast and lunch.
Schedule at a Glance – Or Download the Program!
Tuesday, May 23
3pm Assembly Registration opens
Free time/Networking/Hiking at Kanuga
4pm Kanuga check in for guests staying on site
6-6:45pm Assembly begins with Dinner
7:30-9:30pm Conservation for All: A Networking Event and Social hosted by CTNC’s Future Leaders of Conservation Advisory Board at Asheville’s Urban Orchard Cider.
Wednesday, May 24
8am Assembly Registration opens
8-9:30am Land Trust Alliance Special Invite to a Working Group on Community Conservation
9-9:45am Land Trusts: What, Why and Who: A Conversation for Newcomers to Land Conservation with Kieran Roe, Executive Director, Carolina Mountain Land Conservancy and Carl Silverstein, Executive Director, Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy
9-10:00am Registration and Networking
10- 10:15 Welcome by Matt Covington, Land Protection Director, Catawba Lands Conservancy, Land Trust Council Co-Chair and Margaret Newbold, Interim Executive Director, Conservation Trust for North Carolina
10:15- 12pm CTNC Opening Welcome and Interactive Plenary: It Happens: Staff Transitions and Succession Planning
1:15-2:45pm Breakout Sessions
- Session A: Taking Farmland Preservation to the Next Level: New Tools, Approaches, and Partnerships
- Session B: Land Trusts and Climate Communications
- Session C: The Widening Lens of Fundraising: A New Landscape with A New President
3-4:30pm Breakout Sessions
- Session A: Land Protection & Stewardship Hot Topics #1: Energy Facilities on Conservation Lands
- Session B: Looking Within: Land trusts examine diversity and equity in their organizations
- Session C: Working Group: Building the 100,000 Voices Communications Campaign
4:45-5:30pm Special guest: Walter Clark, Director of the Division of Land and Water Stewardship at the Rocking Chair Porch at Kanuga Lake Inn
5:30-6:00pm Free time/Networking
7-8:00pm 2017 North Carolina Conservation Heroes Awards with Wendy Jackson, Land Trust Alliance
8:30-10:30pm Social hour(s) at The Pavilion on Kanuga Lake
Thursday, May 25
8-8:45am Land Trust Council Business Meeting (separate breakfast)
9:30-11am Breakout Sessions
- Session A: Policy Roundtable: State and Federal Legislative Priorities and Advocacy
- Session B: Land Protection & Stewardship Hot Topics #2: Current National Issues & Take-Aways
- Session C: Fundraising Successes…and other experiences
11:15-12pm Land Trust Council Meetings
12-12:45pm Lunch and depart
1pm Assembly concludes