2017 North Carolina Land Trust Assembly at Hendersonville’s Kanuga Conference Center!
Tuesday, May 23 – Thursday, May 25
Register Early – Save Money! Register by May 9th to receive the early registration rate. After May 9th there will be an additional $25 administrative fee.
Full Assembly: 5/23-5/25
- SINGLE rate – $350. Includes Tues and Weds overnights + 6 meals: Tues supper, Weds all, Thurs breakfast and lunch
- DOUBLE rate (shared room) – $300. Includes Tues and Weds overnights + 6 meals: Tues supper, Weds all, Thurs breakfast and lunch.
Half Assembly: 5/24-5/25
- SINGLE rate $225. Includes Weds overnight + 4 meals: Weds lunch and supper, Thurs breakfast and lunch.
- DOUBLE rate (shared room) $175. Includes Weds overnight + 4 meals: Weds lunch and supper, Thurs breakfast and lunch
Wednesday Commuter – $100. No overnight accommodations and includes breakfast, lunch, supper.
Thursday Commuter – $50. No overnight accommodations and includes breakfast and lunch.
Schedule at a Glance
Tuesday, May 23
3pm Assembly Registration opens
Free time/Networking/Hiking at Kanuga
4pm Kanuga check in for guests staying on site
6-6:45pm Assembly begins with Dinner
7:30-9:30pm Conservation for All: A Networking Event and Social hosted by CTNC’s Future Leaders of Conservation Advisory Board (location TBD)
Wednesday, May 24
8-9:30am LTA Special Invite Working Group on Community Conservation
9-10:00am Free time/Networking
9-9:45am Newcomers to land conservation: A special session for interns & others new to conservation
10- 12pm CTNC Opening Welcome and Interactive Plenary
It Happens: Staff Transitions and Succession Planning
1-2:30pm Breakout Sessions
- Session A: Taking Farmland Preservation to the Next Level: New Tools, Approaches, and Partnerships
- Session B: Land Trusts and Climate Communications
- Session C: Sharpening the Saw: Moving your land trust from risk taking to informed decision making
2:45-4:00pm Breakout Sessions
- Session A: Land Protection & Stewardship Hot Topics #2: Energy Facilities on Conservation Lands
- Session B: Looking Within: Land trusts examine diversity and equity in their organizations
- Session C: Working Group: Building the 100,000 Voices Communications Campaign
4-5:00pm Land Trust Council Committee Meetings
5-6:00pm Free time/Networking
7-8:30pm Awards Ceremony with Wendy Jackson, Land Trust Alliance
8:30-10:30pm Social hour(s) at The Pavilion on Kanuga Lake
Thursday, May 25
8-8:45am Land Trust Executive Council Meeting (separate breakfast)
9:30-11am Breakout Sessions
- Session A: Policy Roundtable: State and Federal Legislative Priorities and Advocacy
- Session B: A Two Way Street: Building Relationships with Corporate Funders
- Session C: Land Protection & Stewardship Hot Topics #1: Current National Issues & Take-Aways
11:15-11:45am Assembly Wrap Up with Walter Clark, Clean Water Management Trust Fund
12-12:45pm Lunch and depart