The Conservation Trust for North Carolina seeks a Diversity & Equity Director to lead efforts to develop, define, assess, and cultivate diversity and inclusion for the organization.
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 2, 2017.
The DE director works with the staff diversity and equity team and the Board Diversity & Equity committee to identify and implement strategies for incorporating diversity and equity into CTNC’s work. The DE director manages the Diversity in Conservation Internship Program, the Future Leaders of Conservation Advisory Board, outreach to minority and limited-resource landowners and several key partnerships. The director supports North Carolina’s land trust community by designing and delivering training and coaching to local land trusts’ boards and staff. The ideal candidate must be a self-motivated critical thinker with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Graduate degree or 3 years of nonprofit or community organizing experience or equivalent encouraged
- Experience building relationships and fostering alliances among diverse coalitions to accomplish goals
- Proven record in facilitation and strategic relationship building
- Experience in youth and/or leadership development
- Conservation, agriculture, and/or community development background is a plus
Compensation commensurate with experience. CTNC is a statewide organization based in Raleigh. CTNC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity of all kinds in its workforce.