Our program seeks to reconnect people with the outdoors and to develop future leaders in conservation. AmeriCorps members will develop service projects that help remove barriers to environmental education throughout North Carolina, as well as help expand the diversity of backgrounds among conservation leaders in the state. The 2017 service year began on October 4, 2016 and will end on July 31, 2017.
We offer a living stipend ($13,470), health insurance reimbursement (up to $150 per month), childcare assistance, and monthly professional development opportunities. Participants who complete the program will receive an education award of $5,775. We’re currently seeking applications for the 2017-2018 service year. Apply today!
AmeriCorps Host Organizations for 2017
- Ellerbe Creek Watershed Association (Durham)
- Keep Durham Beautiful (Durham)
- NC Coastal Federation (Manteo & Wrightsville Beach)
- Highlands-Cashiers Land Trust (Macon)
- Piedmont Triad Regional Council (Kernersville)
- Balsam Mountain Trust (Sylva)
- Alliance Medical Ministry (Raleigh)
- Durham Public Schools Hub Farm (Durham)
- Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (Tryon)
- NC Coastal Land Trust (Wilmington)
- Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy (Asheville)
- Triangle Land Conservancy (Durham)
- University of North Carolina (Wilmington)
AmeriCorps is one of three major initiatives that CTNC offers to connect more people with the outdoors. The others are the NC Youth Conservation Corps and the Diversity in Conservation Internship Program. All three provide paid positions.
CTNC’s AmeriCorps has four goals:
1. Make environmental education more accessible to diverse audiences
2. Provide tools for people from diverse backgrounds to become future leaders in conservation
3. Build bridges between conservation groups and communities
4. Connect more North Carolinians to the outdoors
Click here to read how three AmeriCorps members are helping remove barriers to environmental education in Durham.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.